Thursday, January 26, 2012
Oh my Loc! - The Lint Issue
Yep, you guessed it, it's lint trapped in your locs. Unfortunately, it's one of the little nuisances about wearing locs. Can you avoid it? Not totally. Are there things you can do to reduce the occurrence? Absolutely!
Here are a few things to avoid:
3. White or light colored towels
4. Sleeping or lounging with your locs exposed
1. Use light oils & light gels for re-twisting
2. Use a dark colored, or lint free towel or t-shirt for drying your locs
3. Sleep in a satin bonnet or loc soc at night
But I have visible lint! How do I fix the problem?
Well, there's no great solution for fixing the problem. You can use tweezers to try to pull the lint out. Just be careful. You don't want to damage the integrity of the loc by trying to dig out lint. Many choose to dye the loc to cover up the lint. A more natural solution is to perform a black tea rinse. To check out information on this solution, click here.
You can always consult one of the stylists here at Taji's Natural Hair Styling for advice on this issue as well.
Have you experienced issues with lint in your locs? How have you resolved it? Leave a suggestion below!